Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Memorizing - Practice Day

Several of us are memorizing in Ephesian 2.

TODAY'S ASSIGNMENT:
No new verse today. We'll add Eph 2:3 on "New Verse Thursday".
For today, just work on reciting Eph 2:2 a few times until you can say it without looking. Make sure to say 2:1 and 2:2 together a few times today so that you keep re-enforcing 2:1 while learning 2:2.

Here... I'll give it a shot from memory...

Ephesian 2:1-2
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in the way you used to follow the ways of the world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is at work in those who are disobedient.

How did I do?

8 comments:

She said...

ok, if we're memorizing NIV, you were close but not quite. Closer than I am at the moment but here's what my NIV says:

1As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

Yes?

She said...

now, without looking:

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins in which you used to live, in the...um...............nope.

Allen Arnn said...

right Gwen... I missed some words... glad I have another day on that one... more practice!

She said...

Trying again. I practiced while at the dentist to drown out the drill. Here goes:

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins in which you lived when you followed the ways of this world.....don't help me.....and the ruler of the kingdome of the air, the spirit who is at work...no, the spirit who is not at work in those who are in disobedience. I know that's not right just dang. I'll be back!

She said...

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is at work in those who are in disobedience. ?

Anonymous said...

What to go!

Allen Arnn said...

You got it!

She said...

Star for me! Yay!