Thursday, October 19, 2006

Memorizing - New Verse Thursday - Eph 2:1

Welcome Gwen and Kimberly to memorizing Ephesians 2:1-10. Kimberly, how did you get connected to my blog?

Other readers?? You can still jump in if you want. Start here and let me know you're out there!

(I suggest that we memorize in NIV but if you prefer another version go for it! NIV reads more narratively which I think makes it easier to memorize than something like the NASB)

Today we are memorizing Eph 2:1.

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,"

I'd suggest writing it small at the top of a 3x5 card. Read it through several times until you can say it once correctly without looking. Carry the card with you. Repeat a couple more times today reading it through and trying to say it once correctly without looking.

That's a short verse for today... but a powerful statement! We WERE dead.

That's all for today! Any questions/comments?

5 comments:

She said...

ok, got it on my card. I'm teaching tonight so I'll be off line until tomorrow. Thanks!

Sally said...

This is Sally. Okay, I'm in. It's been awhile since I posted 3X5s around my car and mirrors. YAY

debbiearnn said...

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sin.

got it.

glad to be dead.
:-)

She said...

2 hours, 30 recitations later:

as for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sin.

Said without looking...:)

Are you sure we can't be proud of memorizing the word and tell everyone? :) like before we get to the hard stuff and I get it all wrong?

Allen Arnn said...

Great job everyone...

haha Gwen about being proud... yes, you can tell everyone.