Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Strange Day

Wow. Interesting day. I'm not sure if I've written it here but yesterday was my last day officially working at my church. When I decided to move on, the end date I was shooting for was Sept 1. The church is honoring that date, but they were gracious to allow me this month to just focus on my job search. (for those not in church work: churches are weird... they let you resign and process for months) :)

So.... today I didn't get up and drive to church... very weird... Instead went to Starbucks... Met a great friend there (comment on his blog so that maybe he'll start posting again) and then spent most of the day working on what's next.

I'm very excited about this process. I'm talking to lots of fascinating people and believing that I am going to find a great place to make an impact.

My days this month are going to look like this:
A good amount of time in the Bible and prayer
A lot of time meeting with people and thinking about my direction
A little time working on getting our house ready to sell since we don't know if we'll stay here or move far away

4 comments:

debbiearnn said...

So THAT's why you were cleaning out the garage...

:-)

kris said...

and don't forget a little of your time playing tennis! :)

Epoch Church said...

maybe you're on to something...starbucks instead of church...hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I continue to hope and will pray today that your next steps are filled with moments of freedom and joy. We so rarely know what really lies around the corner, but God has shown Himself faithful repeatedly throughout history and our lives.