Monday, June 06, 2005

What is growing in Christ?

Is growing in Christ simply a striving to spend more quiet times with God in the Bible and in prayer? I don't think so. I think that somehow our times with God and actions throughout the day need to connect. If I'm REACHING out to someone, I need to be praying for them and for that divine moment when our conversation goes a little further than it had before. If I'm working on my CONNECT relationships with family and friends and colleagues I need to study in God's word how people are to get along. I need to pray for others. I need to memorize scriptures that will help remind me of what human beings in community need to look like.

Somehow grow is becoming like Christ... not checking off "Bible read daily" and "Prayed"

Gotta go... My wife says dinner is ready!

No comments: